Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This is the Beginning

So I'm trying something new with this.

I'm trying to do something better.  I have a blog, and I've loved it.  It's very personal, very emotiono-pholosophical (yes, I made that up, but the meaning is conveyed, no?).  I blogged my life and shared it hoping my honesty would appeal to my readers who might have similar personal things to relate to.  That's an aspect of writing for an audience that makes some people, myself included, feel connected when I read it.

Furthermore, I'm a socialized female, even though a physics degree, and an introvert, and have always been comfortable with myself, my feelings, etc. . I've worked as a mediator and a mentor, I've made wise decisions based on gut feelings, and I'm okay with delving into all that stuff.  Emotion, passion, intuition, is part of what makes me work, what makes me write, and even whats me appreciate and succeed in science.

In my mind, it's all about balance. That's the Liberal Arts Degree I just got talking, but I'm not ashamed of that either.

Sometimes; however, you do have to start afresh. If this goes well, maybe I'll transfer my old blog over, because some of those entries were good, and it's a shame to waste a good thing. Maybe I'll start doing what I'm doing here, there, because I don't want google totally own my life. Maybe I'll do both.

My intent is to write here about science, writing, science writing, life, philosophy, the environment, etc. I'll try to stay out of politics, but I can't make any promises there, especially now that I devote myself to nightly viewings of John Stewart. I can do some html, so I'll make this place pretty, when I've got a spare minute. It'll be fun.

I hope you'll come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment